New Information about Zika Virus from the MJA:
Singapore outbreak - 250 confirmed Zika cases identified between 31 August and 9 September 2016.
In the past 5 years, Zika infections have been diagnosed in symptomatic returned travellers from Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Pacific Islands. Singapore must now be added to this list of regional risk countries for Australian travellers.
Please continue to report all cases of microcephaly in children aged <12 months whether or not you believe Zika virus was involved.
To report a case(s) of microcephaly please download the protocol and case report form.
1. Female genital mutilation in children presenting to Australian paediatricians
2. Female genital mutilation: Survey of paediatricians’ knowledge, attitudes and practice
3. Female genital mutilation and cutting: a systematic literature review of health professionals’ knowledge, attitudes and clinical practice
4. Forum on transition to adult health services: Experiences of young people living with rare disease.
5. Influenza infection in infants aged <6 months during the H1N1-09 pandemic: A hospital-based case series.
6. Challenges of transition to adult health services for patients with rare diseases? What can be done for young people stuck in “health care limbo” when they leave paediatric services?
7. Australian families living with rare disease: experiences of diagnosis, health services use and needs for psychosocial support
The Australian, June 26 2013